YESSS!! The decision has been made, and StageWrite will run again next year! We open for submissions on 1st September 2018 and close on 31st December 2018. We’re especially interested in work by female writers and scripts with female-heavy casts (as these categories are typically under-represented); however, all work that fits the brief will be considered.
You can find the brief below. There is no charge for submitting to this festival.
What we need from you:
- Scripts that follow industry standard in terms of font size, layout, page numbering etc.
- Scripts of between 30 and 60 minutes in length, either a complete piece, or part of a longer piece that is able to stand alone and be coherent for an audience
- A maximum of 6 actors required – if there are more than 6 roles, it should be feasible for the actors to play multiple roles
- Stage directions kept to a minimum where possible
- Completed proforma – see form below (this will be sent to you if you submit your script via email).
- Please note that, at present, this is only open to UK residents as you will need to make yourself available for the performance of your piece if selected.
Please be aware that if your entry does not follow the above brief it will not be accepted.
Still interested ..? Great – please use the form below, or email your submission to email@example.com
Script Submission Form
Please fill in the form below to submit your script: