Please note that the deadline for submitting for StageWrite 2018 has now passed, so we are no longer accepting applications. The festival will take place on 3rd and 4th May 2018. Thank you so much to all who have submitted plays – we have received over 50!
We hope to run StageWrite again next year. If you’re interested in submitting for 2019, please read on…
You can find the brief below. There is no charge for submitting to this festival.
What we need from you:
- Scripts that follow industry standard in terms of font size, layout, page numbering etc.
- Scripts of between 45 and 60 minutes in length, either a complete piece, or part of a longer piece that is able to stand alone and be coherent for an audience
- A maximum of 6 actors required – if there are more than 6 roles, it should be feasible for the actors to play multiple roles
- Stage directions kept to a minimum where possible
- Completed proforma – see form below (this will be sent to you if you submit your script via email).
- Please note that, at present, this is only open to UK residents as you will need to make yourself available for the performance of your piece if selected.
Please be aware that if your entry does not follow the above brief it will not be accepted.
Still interested ..? Great – please use the form below, or email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
Script Submission Form
Please fill in the form below to submit your script: